Crave a calmer, happier home where screentime battles are a thing of the past? Why not try TimeTokensHQ tried & tested ways for giving kids a healthy balance of screentime and realtime.
1. Device free dinner – get the art of conversation flowing, have a fun topic to discuss, tell a joke, share a story or just chat about your day. Not only will it bring you closer, face to face communication is an important life skill that needs nailing.
2. Screen free before bed No screens an hour before bed, the blue light that screens emit over stimulate children’s brains and effect their sleep patterns and impact on sleep quality, @DrGuyMeadows has done lots of brilliant research in this area. Give it a week and hopefully not only will your child’s ability to fall asleep get better they’ll sleep longer too plus It will improve their daily health and learning.
3. Create space for creativity Make a drawer or cupboard available for kids art and crafts with easy access so they can get on with creating stuff themselves. The freedom making and creating gives can help children become more comfortable with uncertainly and remain flexible thinkers which is the key for creativity and confidence!
4. Don’t worry about boredom It’s a good thing! Young minds need time to zone out, just doing nothing is good for them and being bored and day dreaming actually encourage problem solving and creativity, so be bold and stick to your media/screentime plan.
5. Create a family media plan Get the whole family involved, once you are all agreed the most important thing is to stick to it! Be consistent and you will soon reap the benefits. A calmer, happier home where meltdowns over screentime will soon be a thing of the past! TimeTokens make it easy to create a family media plan.